In the Old Town, near the Museum, there is another spot for the art lovers – Volga Art Gallery (Волжская картинная галерея).
They specialise in actual realism collection and regularly organise temporary exhibitions as well as personal exhibitions.
Opening hours: Wednesday to Friday from 12:00 to 19:00, Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 to 17:00, free entrance
Address: Boulevard Lenina 23, with the entrance from the side of Banykina street (map)
Sadly our stay in Tolyatti is shortly coming to its end, therefore our time is focused on other activities and website updates are more occasional than regular…
Even though the countryside near Tolyatti is rather flat, there are three popular downhill ski areas:
- “Spin Sport” in Old City, www.spin-sport.ru
- “Extreme Park” in Fedorovka, www.vk.com/ex_park_fsb
- “Avalman” in Zhigulevsk, at the end of streets Lermontova or Muravlenko
Check their locations on the map.
Each of them have a couple of slopes, surface ski lifts and equipment rentals. Snowboarding seems to be much more popular than skiing.
During the summer, slopes are popular among mountain bikers.
Bairam’s Art Gallery is a studio and gallery of Bairam Salamov, a member of the Russian Union of Artist. Bairam was born and studied in Azerbaijan where he became a painter. He lives and works in Tolyatti from early 90′s.
His paintings are full of optimism, colours and joy and he gives very warm welcome to all visitors of his gallery.
It is advisable to arrange a visit beforehand, call his assistant Anna on +7 917 820 03 24.
Address: Tsvetnoy boulevard 29a (map), climb the stairs above the grocery store Posadski
Even though that avoiding meat is rather unusual in Russia, vegetarians and vegans still have some options where to eat and buy products in Tolyatti.
- Fresh vegetable salads can be found in almost every Tolyatti restaurant.
- Vegetarian restaurant Ladu has a large menu of vegetarian, vegan and even raw food meals
- Store i-mne Toljatti has an extensive variety of vegetarian, vegan and raw food goods. Part of it is available in their shop while some products have to be ordered in advance.
- Shop “VEGMAG” offers many products that are hard or impossible to find in other shops in Tolyatti. VEGMAG shop is located on the second floor of shopping center Zarya (Sverdlova 13a), booth number 223a (map). They are open daily, except Sunday, from 11:00 to 23:00
UPDATE: From January 28th, 2015, VEGMAG shop will operate only as an e-shop with delivery service. More details soon.
“Dve ovtsy” literary means “Two Sheep” and these two sheep are introduced as owners of the business.
“Dve ovtsy” offers a pizza, Japanese cuisine (sushi, maki, tempura), Chinese noodles, salads and sandwiches.
Opening hours: Sunday – Thursday: from 11:00 to 24:00, Friday & Saturday from 11:00 to 06:00
http://2ovcy.ru, telephone: 36-20-20