Even though the countryside near Tolyatti is rather flat, there are three popular downhill ski areas:
- “Spin Sport” in Old City, www.spin-sport.ru
- “Extreme Park” in Fedorovka, www.vk.com/ex_park_fsb
- “Avalman” in Zhigulevsk, at the end of streets Lermontova or Muravlenko
There are many fitness clubs and gyms in Tolyatti, three of them have been recommended.
They usually work exclusively on annual memberships.
- offers gym, group activities, fitness bar, spa and pool is about to be open soon
- on Revolyutsionnaya 13 (map)
- opening hours from 7:00 to 23:00 on weekdays and from 8:00 to 22:00 on weekends and holidays
- tel. 931-139, botek-fitness.ru/Botek_Velness_Tol_yatti/
- offers gym, group activities, tennis, football and beach volleyball playgrounds, bar, outside pool and Russian bath
- on Sportivnaya 19 (map)
- opening hours from 7:00 to 23:00 on weekdays and from 8:00 to 21:00 on weekends and holidays
- tel. 559-000, www.club-davis.ru
- chain of Russian fitness centers
- in SC Kapital, on Dzerzhinskogo 21 (map)
- opening hours from 7:00 to 00:00 on weekdays and from 9:00 to 22:00 on weekends
- tel. 759-333, www.tolyatti.alexfitness.ru
Tolyatti has many sport teams and athletes succesful on national and international level.
Ice hockey team has been one of the most popular sports in the city. The Lada team won Russian Championship twice but due to the lack of satisfactory arena was expelled from KHL (Kontinental Hockey League). But in summer 2013 brand new Lada Arena was opened and ice hockey fans are supporting their team to get back to the highest league.
Woman handball club Lada has been playing Russian Super League where they became champions for six times. They also have had lot of success on international competitions.
Tolyatti is a car capital of Russia and moto sports are very popular. Car and motorbike racing or drift shows take place in summer as well as in winter (on ice) and attract many spectators.
If you ever come accross a sport team with name Lada, you can be sure it comes from Tolyatti. In any sport.
Click here to find out sport events that take place in upcoming days.
Seeing the flat countryside, forest, Volga shores and Zhiguli mountains, it becomes natural that cycling is very popular sport in Tolyatti.
Almost everyone in Tolyatti is owner of at least one bicycle. If you do not have one, there are several renting places (not yet tested, therefore not on the site yet).
A bicycle is often used for commuting, especially at the forest border where some paths can get pretty busy.
The map below, showing cycling routes between Avtozavodskiy and Tsentralniy district, was prepared as a part of the project “VELIKolepniy Tolyatti”. The project is over now but the routes remain available.
If you decide to buy your own bicycle, click here to see the list of specialised bike stores in the city.